I love soups for dinner when it’s cold outside, and this quick and easy taco soup recipe is perfect to make for your family on a chilly day. It only takes about 20 minutes to make this easy taco soup recipe.
And it can be completed even faster if you keep already cooked ground beef in your freezer. I’ll take the ground beef out of my freezer, thaw it in the microwave and then put it in the pot with the rest of the ingredients.
Be sure to also check out these 12 Favorite Soup Recipes.
WHAT DO YOU EAT WITH TACO SOUP?
For our family, we like to add tortilla chips or Fritos on top. We also like to add shredded cheese and sour cream.
HOW LONG IS TACO SOUP GOOD FOR?
Taco soup with cooked ground beef, when properly stored in an airtight container, will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. If you plan to keep it longer than that, then you’ll want to freeze it (See below).
CAN YOU FREEZE TACO SOUP?
Yes, you can freeze taco soup. To freeze the soup, put it in airtight containers or re-sealable freezer bags. Label the soup with the date and put it in the freezer. One tip is to freeze the taco soup in individual portions so you can take it out and eat it for lunch. The taco soup should be good in the freezer for 2-3 months.
When you are ready to use the taco soup, pull it out of the freezer and thaw it in the fridge for a few days. You can then heat it up on the stove or in the microwave. You could also put the taco soup in a slow cooker on high for 2-3 hours to heat it up.
And here are some other meals that freeze well: 7 Make Ahead Freezer Meals
To make this easy taco soup recipe, start by cooking the ground beef in a medium pot. Then drain off the fat. Add in chopped onion and the taco seasoning and cook for a few minutes.
Add in the black beans, kidney beans, corn and diced tomatoes, and sprinkle in salt and pepper. I like to drain and rinse my black beans, and then with all the other cans, I add in the entire contents of the can including the liquid. Heat through and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Serve the taco soup ground beef recipe with shredded cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips. We also like to add Fritos to the top of the soup in place of the tortilla chips. That’s it! So fast, easy, and yummy!
|Quicky and Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- ¼ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans
- 1 can (15 oz) corn
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips
- In a medium pot, cook the ground beef. Drain off the fat. Add in chopped onion and taco seasoning and cook with the ground beef for a few minutes.
- Add in the black beans, kidney beans, corn and diced tomatoes. Sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- Heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.