I recently attended a luncheon where these Bow Tie Chicken Salad Sandwiches were served. They were absolutely delicious! And I just had to make them for my family this past week. These Bow Tie Chicken Salad Sandwiches are perfect for a summer picnic or family gathering. What makes this chicken salad delicious is that it calls for Kraft Coleslaw Dressing or Hidden Valley Coleslaw Dressing. Don’t substitute the dressing because this is what makes it taste really good.
This recipe makes between 12-15 large croissant sandwiches. If you plan to make these sandwiches for more people than just your family, then you’ll want to double or triple the recipe. A big thank you to a good friend of mine for this recipe!
Here is how to make the Bow Tie Chicken Salad Sandwiches:
|Bow Tie Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 8 oz. bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. Kraft or Hidden Valley Coleslaw Dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 small Gala apple, chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Prepare chicken in advance by cooking and shredding it. (I place chicken in the crock pot on low for 8 hours, then shred it. With any extra left over shredded chicken, I freeze it.)
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, bow tie pasta and green onions.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and coleslaw dressing. Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover the pasta mixture and place in refrigerator. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, add pineapple tidbits, celery, grapes, apple and slivered almonds. Mix until combined. Serve on croissants.
You will also love a different variation of these Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches: