This past week, I had the opportunity to help create the centerpieces for a church activity. We wanted to do something that was simple and looked nice, but not expensive. Here are the items we used and the directions on How to Make an Inexpensive Centerpiece. And it’s a centerpiece that can be used for almost any holiday occasion.
- Red craft paper
- Greenery – pine, cedar or spruce (This could be from your yard, or purchased from the store. My family and I took a drive up the mountains and trimmed an evergreen tree to get the greenery.)
- Lantern (The lantern was purchased from IKEA. They can also be found on Amazon.)
- Battery Powered Tea lights (Purchase them from the dollar store, or purchase them in bulk on Amazon.)
- Place a 3×3 foot colored craft paper in the center of the table.
- Cut small pieces of greenery and lay it in a circular motion in the center of the craft paper.
- Place a lantern in the middle of the greenery and add a battery-powered tea light.
- Sprinkle cranberries on the greenery.
It was simple, yet it turned out beautifully!
You’ll also notice jars on the table. A friend of mine created these jars as a take-home gift for the women who attended the activity. The jars are also so simple to make. Take a pint-size (16 oz.) canning jar, and spray paint it using a Frost Spray Paint. Place a vinyl cut out picture of your choice on the jar. Tie twine on top, and place a battery-powered tea light inside the jar. The women who came to our activity loved the jars so much that I almost didn’t get one to take home. That’s how quickly they were picked up and taken home.