I know a recipe turns out to be good when my kids eat up their food faster than I can start eating my food after everyone is dished up. This Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan recipe is one of those delicious, family-friendly recipes that my kids loved. The chicken was so tender from cooking all day long. It turned out to be a yummy dish! And it really was quite easy to put in the crock pot.
It did take a few extra minutes to brown the chicken and breading, but that process is part of what makes this Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan so good. Here is the recipe:
|Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
- 3-4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2-4 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning mix
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 package (16 oz.) angel hair or spaghetti noodles
- Heat 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil hot in a large skillet.
- While the vegetable oil is heating, in a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Take one chicken breast and dip each side in the milk and egg mixture. Then dip each side of the chicken breast in the seasoned bread crumbs until coated. Add the chicken to the hot skillet and brown for 2 minutes on one side, then turn it and brown it another 2 minutes on the other side. Do this with each chicken breast, and add the other 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil to the skillet as needed.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray, and pour the jar of spaghetti sauce on the bottom.
- Place the browned chicken on top of the spaghetti sauce in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, sprinkle the chicken with the mozzarella cheese. Cover and let the cheese melt.
- Cook the angel hair or spaghetti noodles and serve the chicken over the noodles.