For those of you who enjoy Chicken Pot Pie, you’ll want to make this Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup. I made it for my family last week and all of my family loved it! As Thanksgiving approaches, you could substitute the chicken for turkey to use up the extra Thanksgiving turkey.
I also made these Biscuits Supreme to eat with the soup. The biscuits are really yummy and fairly simple to make. My mother made these biscuits for our family regularly when I was young.
Here’s the Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe:
|Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded or cubed
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 cup hot water
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart (4 cups) heavy cream
- 2 cups frozen carrots and peas, thawed
- In a medium pot, cook chicken with 2 Tablespoons oil until cooked through, then cut into chunks. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. (I like to crock pot chicken in advance, shred it and freeze it in 1-2 cup increments in bags. Then pull out shredded chicken from the freezer when I need it for a meal.)
- Dissolve the 4 teaspoons of chicken bouillon in the 1 cup of hot water. Set aside.
- In the medium pot, melt butter and saute onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Stir in flour until thickened and bubbly. Add in heavy cream and the hot water with the chicken bouillon dissolved. Stir until thickened and heated through.
- Add in the cooked chicken, and add the carrots and peas. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Other soups that my family loves: