I tried out a new recipe, and it turned out so good! These Baked Italian Sandwiches are delicious, and my kids loved them too. I ate a few more sandwiches than I probably should have, but they just tasted delicious.
What I love the most about these Baked Italian Sandwiches is the melted cheese and that they were warm right out of the oven. The pasta sauce used as a dipping sauce added to the flavors of the sandwich.
If you need a quick dinner idea for the family, this is a great meal to make. It took about ten minutes to prep and 16 minutes to bake.
Here is how to make the Baked Italian Sandwiches:
|Baked Italian Sandwiches
- 1 French bread loaf, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 8 oz package Provolone cheese (12 slices), sliced in half
- 12-14 slices ham
- 3 eggs
- 6 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- red pasta sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9x13 pan and put the pan in the oven till the butter is melted.
- Slice the French bread into about 1-inch slices.
- On one slice of bread layer ½ slice of provolone cheese, 2 slices of ham, another ½ slice of provolone cheese, and a slice of bread on top.
- In a shallow dish, beat the eggs and milk. In another shallow dish pour the Italian bread crumbs.
- Dip one side of a sandwich in the egg mixture, then dip it into the Italian bread crumbs. Turn the sandwich over and dip the other side in the egg mixture and then bread crumbs.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich in the melted butter in the pan, then place the sandwich in the 9x13 pan.
- Repeat dipping of sandwiches until they are all placed in the pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Flip the sandwiches over and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Serve the sandwiches warm with red pasta sauce for dipping.