This easy French Toast Casserole is a delicious breakfast with bread cubes soaked in a French toast mixture and baked until it is golden brown. Top this breakfast casserole with syrup, fresh fruit or powdered sugar.
It’s always nice to have an easy, go-to breakfast for mornings, especially during the holidays when life gets busy.
I find myself in the kitchen a lot during the holidays cooking a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner for my family. But for breakfast during those days, it’s usually a fend-for-yourself type of morning because I’m busy trying to get everything prepped and cooked for the big family meal.
What I love about this French Toast Bake Casserole is that it is a quick and easy breakfast to make. And my family says it’s absolutely delicious!
They told me that they love this breakfast casserole more than the classic French toast that I make. So that says a lot if my family thinks it’s delicious.
Prepare It The Night Before:
To help mornings go more smoothly, this easy French Toast Casserole can be prepped the night before, which makes it easy to get breakfast on the table in the morning.
After you make the easy overnight French Toast Casserole, don’t bake it yet. Place it in the fridge overnight, then in the morning take it out of the fridge and follow the baking instructions. Because it is cold coming out of the fridge, you may need to bake it an additional 5-10 minutes until it is golden brown.
So when I’m busy cooking the morning of holidays, this breakfast casserole recipe would be an easy meal to bake in the oven in the morning if I prep it the night before.
Some people have had the following questions about French toast and French Toast casseroles that I want to answer.
How To Make Awesome French Toast?
To make a really good French toast, you’ll use these ingredients: white bread, egg yolks, heavy cream, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
For an awesome French toast recipe, head over to The Food Charlatan and try out her Best French Toast Recipe.
How Do You Make A French Toast Casserole?
Here is the step-by-step process of how to make this delicious and easy French Toast Casserole:
Cut bread into small cubes and place in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the melted butter, milk, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
Pour the egg mixture over the cubed bread and mix well. The bread will be soggy and falling apart.
Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray, and pour the bread into the pan. Pack down the bread using a spatula. Cover with aluminum foil.
At this point, you can put the quick and easy French Toast Casserole in the fridge overnight and bake it the next morning.
Or if you are ready to eat, then bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15-25 minutes more until golden brown.
Cut into squares and serve with syrup, fresh fruit, or powdered sugar.
Print the recipe below for this easy French Toast Casserole.
Easy French Toast Casserole
- 12 slices white bread cubed
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Cut bread into small cubes and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the melted butter, milk, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cubed bread and mix well. The bread will be soggy and falling apart.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray, and pour the bread into the pan. Pack down the bread using a spatula. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15-25 minutes more until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve with syrup, fresh fruit, or powdered sugar.
- NOTE: This recipe can be made the day before and placed in the fridge overnight. In the morning, pull it out of the fridge to bake it. Because it is cold, you may need to add another 5-10 minutes onto the baking time.
You might like to try these other recipes: