Only four ingredients are needed to make these delicious and easy red velvet cookies.
I love simple cookies and desserts that I can make around the holidays. And these easy red velvet cookies are a perfect treat for Valentine’s day or Christmas or whenever you are craving something sweet.
It only takes about 10 minutes to prep these cookies, and there is just four ingredients: Red velvet cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil and holiday M&M’s. You could substitute the M&M’s for white chocolate chips instead, which tastes really good too.
Before sharing this easy red velvet cookies recipe, here are some regularly asked questions:
What Makes Red Velvet Cookies Red?
Red food coloring is what makes red velvet cookies red.
If you want a deep red color to the red velvet cookies, use gel food coloring. It’s a better coloring option for the cookie dough than liquid drops of red food coloring.
The gel gives the cookies a more vibrant color and you’ll use less than with the liquid food coloring. And too much liquid food coloring can actually alter the taste and texture of the red velvet cookies.
What Is The Best Recipe for Cake Mix Cookies?
There are many different recipes that use cake mix to make cookies.
I personally think that these red velvet cake mix cookies are one of the best cake mix cookie recipes. Check out the easy recipe below.
If you want to learn how to make cake mix cookies from just about any cake mix box, head over to The Best Cake Recipes where they’ll show you how with only three ingredients.
And here are some really good cake mix cookie recipes to try:
How Do You Make Red Velvet Cookies?
Here is the step-by-step process of how to make the red velvet cookies recipe:
Preheat oven to 357 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Using an electric mixer, in a bowl mix the red velvet cake mix, eggs and oil until fully mixed.
Fold in the holiday M&M’s and stir until evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
Use a cookie scoop to place 1 1/2-inch cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets. Press a few extra M&M’s into the tops of the cookie dough balls.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
Print these easy red velvet cookies recipe:
|Easy Red Velvet Cookies|| |
- 1 box (15.25 oz) Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup holiday M&M's (or use white chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, in a bowl mix the red velvet cake mix, eggs and oil until fully mixed.
- Fold in the holiday M&M's and stir until evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Use a cookie scoop to place 1½-inch cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets. Press a few extra M&M's into the tops of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to fully cool.
Try These Other Cookie Recipes: