This easy Lasagna Soup Recipe is now one of my favorite soup recipes. It has the delicious taste of lasagna with beef, noodles, tomatoes, cheese and herbs but in the form of a soup.
I love to eat soup multiple times a week during the fall and winter months. And this easy lasagna soup recipe is one of my go-to soup recipes to make regularly because it’s so delicious! Even my kids ask for second helpings!
I like that the lasagna soup has all the flavors of lasagna but in a soup form.
If you enjoy eating soups, you’ll want to also check out these 12 Favorite Soup Recipes here. These are some of our family’s favorite soups to eat.
Before getting into the details of how to make the tasty lasagna soup recipe, here are some questions people have asked:
Even though the recipe on this post is about easy lasagna soup, not lasagna, many people have asked about lasagna recipes. So here are some answers.
What Is The Best Lasagna Recipe?
There are many amazing and delicious lasagna recipes out there. Head over here to check out what I think is one of the best lasagna recipes.
And here are a few more recipes that say they are the best lasagna recipe:
How To Make Lasagna From Scratch?
To make lasagna from scratch, first cook the sausage or ground beef. Add in the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
Cook the noodles for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse noodles with cold water.
In a medium bowl, combine the egg, Ricotta and Parmesan cheese.
In a 9×13 baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of the beef sauce on the bottom. Layer half of the cooked noodles on top of the sauce. Overlap noodles as necessary to fit. Spread half of the cheese filling on noodles. Top with half of the remaining beef sauce and half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle additional mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over top if desired.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
To see the full lasagna recipe, head over here.
How Do You Cook Lasagna In A Crock Pot?
To make lasagna in a crock pot is quite simple.
Start by browning ground beef. Add in chopped onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, and basil, and simmer about 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl, mix cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Combine everything in the crock pot by spooning part of the beef and tomato mixture into the slow cooker. Break uncooked lasagna noodles in half and arrange them over the beef mixture. Top with the cottage cheese and mozzarella mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining beef mixture.
Cover crock pot and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
About 10 minutes before you eat, in a small bowl, combine mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle it on top of the lasagna. Cover and let the cheese melt.
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA SOUP:
To make this tasty lasagna soup, in a large pot, cook the ground beef on medium heat until browned. Drain the fat. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Add in olive oil, chopped onion and garlic, and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, and season the soup with salt and pepper.
Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
While the soup is simmering, prepare the lasagna noodles according directions on the package. After they are cooked, drain water, then cut the noodles into bite-size pieces. Stir the cooked noodles and chopped parsley into the soup.
In a medium bowl, mix together the shredded mozzarella, shredded Parmesan and cottage cheese or ricotta cheese.
Ladle the soup into individual bowls and place a large spoonful of the cheese mixture on top of the soup in each bowl. Stir together so the cheeses start to melt.
Enjoy eating this tasty lasagna soup!
Print off the easy lasagna soup recipe below:
|Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe|| |
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 2½ Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (Note: Good Seasons dry Italian seasoning mix it the best)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1¼ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (8 oz) cottage cheese or ricotta
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, cook ground beef on medium heat until browned. Drain fat. Season ground beef with salt and pepper. Add in olive oil, chopped onion and garlic. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare the lasagna noodles according the package; cut noodles into bite-size pieces.
- Stir cooked noodles and parsley into the soup.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the shredded mozzarella, Parmesan and cottage cheese (or ricotta).
- Ladle the soup into individual bowls and place a large spoonful of the cheese mixture on top of the soup in each bowl. Stir together so the cheeses start to melt, and enjoy eating this delicious soup.