This is an easy Valentine’s Cookies recipe that makes soft and chewy cookies with red and pink Valentine’s M&M’s and white chocolate chips.
I made these easy Valentine’s Cookies for my family and they just loved them! It was a fun surprise for my kids when they came home from school and these Valentine’s cookies were sitting on a plate for them to eat.
It’s enjoyable to sit down with my kids after school, and while they snack on food, I talk to them about their day. Because I made these homemade Valentine’s Day cookies, they are now excited about Valentine’s Day.
These simple Valentine’s cookies made it more fun and exciting for the kids to think that Valentine’s is coming soon.
Here is how to make this Valentine cookies recipe.
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Using a stand mixer, add the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to the mixing bowl and mix until combined. Beat in the eggs, then mix in the vanilla extract.
In a separate small bowl stir together the flour, soda and salt. Pour these dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix until combined to make the dough.
Stir in a bag of M&M’s Valentine’s candy. I just pick up the M&M’s cupid Valentine’s mix from a local grocery store during the Valentine’s season. Then add in the white chocolate chips.
Use a cookie scoop to form 1.5 inch to 2 inch balls. And place 12 balls of dough onto a baking sheet.
For those of you wondering, “What Can I Use Instead of a Cookie Scoop?” Here are a few options.
You can use a small ice cream scoop. Fill the scoop with dough, scrape the excess off using the edge of the bowl, and release the dough onto the baking sheet.
Another option is to do it the old-fashioned way, by spooning out a large Tablespoon into your hand and rolling it into a ball. Then placing the ball of dough onto the baking sheet. I grew up rolling cookie dough by hand because my parents never had a cookie scoop, and our cookies would always come out nice and round.
Bake the cookies for exactly 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Don’t bake them any longer. The cookies will set up more as they cool.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
One of our family’s favorite things is to eat hot cookies that just came out of the oven while we dip them in milk. I hope you enjoy eating these easy Valentine’s cookies like our family enjoys it.
And here is a printable version of these easy, homemade Valentine’s cookies:
|Easy Valentine's Cookies|| |
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (10 oz) Valentine's M&M's mix
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until combined. Beat in the eggs, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate small bowl stir together the flour, soda and salt. Pour these dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix until combined to make the dough.
- Stir in the bag of M&M's Valentine's candy and white chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to form 1.5 inch to 2 inch balls. Place 12 balls of dough onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for exactly 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not bake longer. The cookies will set up more as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
YOU WILL LIKE THESE OTHER RECIPES TOO:
The Best Soft & Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies
Cranberry Scones (an easy Valentine’s breakfast)
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies
Carrot Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Butter with a Side of Bread)
Leave a Reply