I made this Chicken Enchilada Tortilla Chip Casserole on a day when I needed an easy dish to put into the oven quickly. I took already cooked shredded chicken from the freezer and thawed it in the microwave while I mixed together ingredients to create a sauce. Once the chicken was thawed, I added it to the sauce mixture and then poured it over the tortilla chips that had been placed in a casserole dish. After sprinkling the top with cheese, it was ready to place in the oven to bake. It only took about 10 minutes to prep! Below is the recipe for the Chicken Enchilada Tortilla Chip Casserole:
|Chicken Enchilada Tortilla Chip Casserole|| |
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilis
- 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (9-10 oz) tortilla chips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Place chips in the bottom of the baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the diced/shredded cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, green chilis, sour cream, onion, milk, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Pour on top of the tortilla chips in the baking pan. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and Monterrey Jack cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce, avocado, tomato or salsa.
You might also like these recipes: