I had extra zucchini from my garden so I made these delicious Zucchini Brownies this week, and my family couldn’t stop eating them. They were so good! My mother-in-law also happen to stop by and we gave her one. She loved it so much that she took a brownie home with her. So these Zucchini Brownies and really yummy! If you have zucchini from the garden you need to use, then be sure to make this recipe for your family. They’ll love it!
Below is the recipe to the Zucchini Brownies.
|Delicious Zucchini Brownies|| |
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-4 Tablespoons water
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- pinch of salt
- Using an electric mixer, combine the oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, ½ cup cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the zucchini. The mixture will be powdery. Add in 1 Tablespoon of water then stir. Continue to add 1 Tablespoon of water and mix until the mixture is not powdery. You will not need to add too much water. You want the batter to be thick. (When I made this I only needed to add in 1 Tablespoon of water.)
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Spread the batter in the baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Insert toothpick or knife to test if brownies are done.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool.
- To make the frosting, combine the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, butter, milk and pinch of salt. Mix until combined. Spread the frosting on after the brownies have cooled.
You might like to try these other zucchini recipes: