This past week I was in the mood for some sweet rolls, and so I made these easy Crock Pot Glazed Sweet Rolls. I placed them in the crock pot in the early afternoon so they would be ready for my girls to eat when they came home from school. They really loved this warm treat as part of their afternoon snack. These Glazed Sweet Rolls are so easy to make. I had them in the crock pot in less than 10 minutes. Plus they tasted good too!
After lining a crock pot with parchment paper, take refrigerated buttermilk biscuits and dip each one in butter and then in a brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Then place them in the crock pot. Place a paper towel over the top of the crock pot before putting the lid on. This will help keep moisture from falling onto the rolls.
Cook the rolls on high for one and a half hours. Let stand for 10 minutes, then drizzle the glaze on top.
Below is the recipe to make the Crock Pot Glazed Sweet Rolls:
|Easy Crock Pot Glazed Sweet Rolls|| |
- SWEET ROLLS:
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 (10 ct) tubes of refrigerated biscuits
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Line the crock pot with parchment paper and extend the parchment paper half way up the sides. You could instead cut a circle of parchment paper for the bottom of the crock pot and use two long pieces to place on the sides of the crock pot.
- Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl melt the ⅓ cup butter. In another small bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Separate the biscuits and one by one dip both sides of a biscuit in the butter, then place in the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and coat both sides.
- Place the biscuits in the crock pot slightly standing up and overlapping with the other biscuits.
- Before placing the crock pot lid on, put a paper towel over the top. Then put the crock pot lid on. This will keep the moisture from falling onto the rolls.
- Cook on high for 1 hour 30 minutes. Check to see if done. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Make the glaze by mixing the butter, vanilla, milk and powdered sugar together in a medium bowl. Drizzle onto the sweet rolls.