If you want to make a simple and delicious dessert for St. Patrick’s Day, you’ll want to make these Easy St. Patrick’s Day Cookies. I made these cookies for a friend get together and everyone enjoyed them. They loved that the cookies were green and festive, and they loved that the cookies tasted really good. I made sure to leave some of the cookies behind for the family since they loved them so much.
While making the cookies, the one thing I wished that I had purchased was a cookie dough scooper to help make the cookies into perfectly round balls, and it would have helped so my hands wouldn’t get as messy. They were definitely worth making, and these Easy St. Patrick’s Day Cookies will now be a family St. Patrick’s Day tradition.
Here is how to make these Easy St. Patrick’s Day Cookies:
|St. Patrick's Day Cookies|| |
- 2 boxes (16.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 10-12 drops of green food coloring
- 2 cans (16 oz) cream cheese frosting
- green sugar crystal sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, stir together the cake mixes, butter and eggs. Mix until well combined. Add in green food coloring and mix well.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely, then spread cream cheese frosting between two cookies to form a sandwich.
- Place the green sugar crystal sprinkles in a small bowl. Roll the edges of the cookies in the sprinkles and serve.