If you enjoy sugar cookies, but you don’t want to take time to make them from scratch or to go through the process of making them, then you’ll want to make these easy Sugar Cookie Bars. You don’t have to use cookie cutters or bake and frost individual cookies. You just spread all the dough out in one pan, bake it, then frost it once it’s cooled. And these Sugar Cookie Bars really taste just like sugar cookies, and they are delicious!
Plus, these Sugar Cookie Bars are an easy dessert for Valentine’s Day that they kids will love to eat. Here is how to make the Sugar Cookie Bars:
|Sugar Cookie Bars|| |
- SUGAR COOKIE BARS:
- 10 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1½ Tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- VANILLA FROSTING:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Several drops of red food coloring
- In an electric mixer bowl, whip together butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes until fluffy. Stir in egg and an egg white. Add sour cream, almond extract and vanilla. Mix until blended.
- In a different bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the dry mixture to the cookie dough mixture and stir until well combined.
- Using a stick of butter, grease the bottom and sides of a 13" x 9" baking dish. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and gently press mixture evenly into baking dish using a spatula.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Using a toothpick, insert it in the center of the bars. If it comes out clean the bars are done.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine the butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and food coloring a bowl, then mix until combined.
- After the bars are frosted, cut into squares.
Leave a Reply