When I was young, I loved it when my mother made this Sweet Cornbread. I would always ask for more because it was delicious, moist and it tasted like cake. Later I learned that it tasted like cake because a cake mix is one of the ingredients! Yum! This Sweet Cornbread is now a recipe I make regularly for my family, and it’s definitely the best cornbread I’ve tasted. I add it to our meals when I make soup for dinner. Check out my 12 favorite soups that I like to make my family. And get the recipe below for how to make the Best Sweet Cornbread:
|The Best Sweet Cornbread|| |
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup yellow cake mix
- ⅔ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup shortening
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, yellow cake mix, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk, eggs and shortening all at once. Beat until smooth.
- Pour into a 9x9 greased baking pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes. To check if done, insert a toothpick or knife in the center. If it comes out clean, the cornbread is done.