I made these DIY Hand Warmers as Christmas gifts for family members, and I was told by both my sisters-in-law that the microwave ran non-stop for days because the kids kept heating up the hand warmers. They enjoyed them so much! My children also love these DIY hand warmers. We use them for multiple purposes at our house. We place them in coat pockets to keep hands warm when heading to school or playing outside when it’s cold. My children use the hand warmers like bean bags and throw them back and forth in the air. And when my children’s arms or legs hurt from growing pains, we warm up the hand warmers to place on their aches before bedtime. These DIY Hand Warmers are constantly being used!
If you want an inexpensive yet thoughtful holiday gift to give to friends or family this year, then make these DIY Hand Warmers for them. They are great for both children and adults. The hand warmers are easy to make, and a set of them can be completed in less than 20 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Fill the squares 3/4 of the way with uncooked rice using a spoon or small funnel.
then pop them in your pockets before you head out the door!
|DIY Hand Warmers|| |
- 4 pieces of 3″x3″ cotton fabric (no blends)
- sewing machine and thread
- uncooked rice
- Pin two pieces of fabric together, wrong side out.
- Use sewing machine to sew around the edges, leaving at least an inch opening.
- Turn square right side out.
- Fill square ¾ of the way with rice (I used a small funnel).
- Either hand sew or machine stitch the inch opening closed.
- To use the hand warmers, place them in the microwave for 25-30 seconds. Let them cool for a minute, then pop them in your pockets before you head out the door.