I made these Peppermint Oreo Truffles for my family and they are yummy and chocolatey. I especially love the peppermint flavor when I bite into the truffle because I think of the holidays. What I also love about the truffles is that they only take four ingredients to make them. I had three of the four ingredients in my pantry, and only had to pick up the almond bark during one of my grocery shopping trips.
For the outside of the truffle, I chose to use almond bark but you could use a chocolate bar. You could even do half and half and make some truffles with white chocolate and some with chocolate.
Wrap up a handful of these truffles in a cellophane bag and add a tag and bow to make a sweet treat for neighbors and friends for the holidays. Here’s how to make the holiday Peppermint Oreo Truffles:
|Peppermint Oreo Truffles|| |
- 1 package (16 oz) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 16 oz melting chocolate or almond bark, melted
- candy canes, crushed, or holiday sprinkles
- Place whole Oreos into a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush the Oreos into small crumbs.
- Pour crushed Oreos into a medium mixing bowl. Add cream cheese and peppermint extract and use a mixer to blend well.
- Place Oreo mixture into the fridge for one hour until firm.
- Roll Oreo mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Melt almond bark according to directions on package. Using a spoon, dip Oreo balls in melted almond bark and place on wax paper. Immediately add crushed candy canes or holiday sprinkles to the top.
- Note: To prevent the Oreo balls from mixing into the almond bark, melt and use small batches of almond bark at a time.
- Refrigerate truffles for about one hour until firm.
- Store truffles in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply