I love simple meals that are easy to make and don’t take a lot of time to put together. This Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy is so easy to place in your crock pot in the morning. Right before dinner all that’s left to do is quickly shred the chicken and stir in sour cream. It’s then ready to serve over rice, potatoes or noodles. My kids loved this meal, and it’s a recipe that I add to my meal plan every month.
Here is the recipe to make the Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy:
|Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy|| |
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 packets (.87 oz.) dry chicken gravy mix
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cold water
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- rice, noodles or mashed potatoes for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry chicken gravy mix packets, cream of chicken soup and cold water and whisk together. Pour into the crock pot.
- Season the chicken breasts by sprinkling garlic powder, salt and pepper on top. Place the chicken in the soup mixture in the crock pot.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken and stir it back into the gravy mixture. Then stir in the sour cream.
- Serve over rice, noodles or potatoes.