We have been harvesting a lot of zucchini from our garden this year. I’ve been shredding and freezing it, and I’ve also been making Zucchini Cake with Fudge Frosting, Zucchini Bread, and these delicious Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins.
Since this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffin recipe makes about 24 muffins, once they are cooked and cooled, I’ll put them in gallon freezer bags and place them in the freezer. The muffins freeze great! We love to pull them out of the freezer for snacks for the kids and also for my husband when he goes to work. And we add these muffins to the school lunches. By the time the kids eat their lunch, the muffin is thawed. If you are wondering what to do with all the zucchini in your garden this year, then you’ll definitely want to make these Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins.
Here’s is the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins:
|Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins|| |
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2½ cups zucchini, shredded
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla and shredded zucchini.
- In a separate medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place liners in cupcake pans. Pour batter into each liner until it's about ⅔rds of the way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- *Note: I like to substitute 1 cup of all-purpose flour for 1 cup of wheat flour to make it more healthy.
You might also want to try these zucchini recipes:
Zucchini Cake with Fudge Frosting
Leave a Reply