As a kid, my mother would always make this homemade peanut butter granola. It tasted so good, and our family loved it! We ate it as cereal and as a snack. We also made parfaits using the granola, yogurt and fresh fruit. Since it is a family favorite recipe, I now make it for my kids because they love Grandma’s Peanut Butter Granola. Here is the recipe:
|Grandma's Peanut Butter Granola|| |
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Place the butter and peanut butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave for a few minutes until butter is soft and partially melted. Set aside.
- Measure the rolled oats and place them in a 9x13 pan. Add the brown sugar and combine.
- Pour the melted butter and peanut butter over the oats and brown sugar. Combine the ingredients together until crumbly and all the oats have some butter and peanut butter on them.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then mix in raisins.
- Once cooled, store in a covered container. The granola keeps for up to 3 months if stored in the fridge.