Since St. Patrick’s Day is coming up, I decided to make a treat for my kids. I made these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies, and they turned out yummy. My kids loved the green coloring in the brownie. You can change out the green food coloring for a different holiday. Here is the recipe to make these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies.
|Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies|| |
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- To make the brownies: In a saucepan on the stove, melt butter and chopped semi-sweet chocolate. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add in sugar and whisk in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla extract, then flour and salt.
- Pour batter into a 9x13 baking pan that is lined with aluminum foil.
- To make the cheesecake layer: Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and food coloring until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter. Use a knife to create swirl patterns by gliding it through the batter. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, the brownies are done.
- Allow brownies to cool. Use a plastic knife to cut into squares.
Deylene Morgan says
I’m definitely making these.
Lisa Park says
I hope your family loves them like mine did!