I really love this Broccoli Cheese Soup. It’s one of my favorite soups!
Years ago, I made a broccoli cheese soup and I’ll admit that I didn’t love it, so I didn’t try making a broccoli cheese soup again for a while. Until recently, I tried a new recipe and I loved it!
In addition, all my kids love it. My little boy loved it so much that he had two helpings of this soup before I could even sit down to eat. So this Broccoli Cheese Soup is one you’ll want to add to your family-friendly recipes.
Be sure to also check out these 12 Favorite Soup Recipes.
Here’s how to make the Broccoli Cheese Soup:
|Broccoli Cheese Soup|| |
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 small heads broccoli, washed and diced small
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3½ cups milk
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large stock pot, combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes and onion powder. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- In a medium pan, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in milk and cook for another 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Add shredded cheese, salt and garlic salt. Stir until shredded cheese is melted.
- Pour the sauce into the large stock pot with the broccoli and vegetables and stir until combined. Serve hot.