I like meals that I can throw into my slow cooker, as well as meals that I can freeze and pull out for later. This Honey Sesame Chicken recipe is a crock pot meal and it can also be placed in a freezer bag and frozen for a later meal. Here’s the recipe:
|Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken|| |
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 Tablespoons water
- sesame seeds
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the crock pot and lightly salt and pepper the chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil and garlic. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- When finished, remove chicken from crock pot and leave the sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water. Pour the cornstarch mixture into crock pot and stir it with the sauce. Replace lid and cook on high for 10 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Cut the chicken into cubes then put it back into the crock pot and stir before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice.
- FREEZER MEAL:
- To make this a freezer meal, place all of the ingredients in a Ziploc gallon freezer bag. Be sure to dissolve the cornstarch in water before placing it in the bag with the other ingredients. Mix everything together, close the bag and freeze.
- When ready to eat, remove the bag from the freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Pour contents of bag into the crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Serve over rice.
Leave a Reply