I love chicken salad croissant sandwiches, especially in the summer when I want a delicious meal where I don’t have to turn on the oven and heat up my house.
The first time I tried these chicken salad croissant sandwiches, a friend of mine had made them for a luncheon after her baby was blessed. I liked them so much that I ate four of them because they tasted so good! I’ve made this recipe many times now for my family and friends, and they love them too.
This recipe is perfect for a summer BBQ, picnic, or a family and friend gathering. Keep in mind with this recipe that it’s best to prepare it a day ahead, so the flavors have time to meld together in the refrigerator.
There are many variations of chicken salad sandwiches, but what makes this recipe unique and taste so good is the sauce. The fresh dill, juiced lemon and Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix create a flavorful chicken sandwich recipe. And the chicken is cooked in the crock pot with the ranch dressing seasoning mix, which also gives the chicken more flavor.
Here’s how to make the chicken salad croissant sandwiches:
First, prepare the chicken in advance by placing about 4 chicken breasts in a crock pot. Pour a one ounce packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix over the top. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Drain and shred the chicken, and place it in a large bowl.
Next, cut up the celery, grapes and green onions. Place them in the bowl with the chicken. Toss to combine, and set the bowl aside.
In a small bowl, make the sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 teaspoon dry ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix, fresh chopped dill, juiced lemon, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and stir until combined.
Cover and refrigerate about 6 hours or overnight.
Serve the chicken salad on croissant rolls.
I hope you enjoy this chicken salad as much as my family and I do!
And below is the printable copy of the chicken salad croissant sandwiches.
|Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches|| |
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken (prepared in advance*)
- 1 (1 oz.) packet dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- 1½ cups celery, chopped
- 1½ cups red grapes, halved
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing packet
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped finely
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Croissant rolls
- *Prepare the chicken in advance by placing chicken in a crock pot with a packet of dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Drain and shred chicken. Place in a large bowl.
- Cut up the celery, grapes and green onions. Place in the bowl with the chicken. Toss to combine. Set bowl aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 teaspoon dry ranch dressing, fresh chopped dill, juiced lemon, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate about 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve the chicken salad on croissant rolls.
You will also like:
Easy Homemade Strawberry Shortcake
Bow Tie Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Strawberry Banana Fluff Salad
The Best Orange Pineapple Party Punch
Fresh Berry Trifle from Making Life Blissful
Leave a Reply