These Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas are my new favorite enchilada recipe. And I love that I can prepare it in the afternoon and throw it in the crock pot for dinner. Here’s how to make these delicious Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas.
|Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas|| |
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (1 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 (12 oz.) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups shredded cheese, mild or Mexican blend
- 10 corn tortillas
- Cook and shred the chicken beforehand. (See below how I make shredded chicken for multiple meals).
- Placed the shredded chicken in a pan with the taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 15 minutes on a low heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir the salsa, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup and 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Spray the bottom of the crock pot with cooking spray. Place a layer of tortillas covering the bottom of the crock pot. Spoon a layer of of chicken on the tortillas. Pour a layer of the soup and cheese mixture. Repeat the layers until chicken and soup and cheese mixture are gone and end with a layer of tortillas on top. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top of the tortillas.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour.