Did you know that February is National Hot Breakfast Month? This is a good excuse for me to make breakfast for dinner more often because my family LOVES eating breakfast for dinner. And I like that breakfasts are quick to make and that I know my family will eat it up. My go-to hot breakfasts that I make regularly for my family are these Freezer-Friendly Waffles or this Farmer’s Breakfast Casserole. And recently, I made these Krusteaz Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes. They were so good! You’ll want to make this recipe, which is located below.
In addition to making the Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes, my family and I had fun doing pancake art. We made alphabet letters, flowers, hearts and smiley faces. And we also used cookie cutters to make some shapes by spraying them with non-stick cooking spray, filling the cookie cutters with pancake batter and then allowing it to cook. I did this so my girls could tell what some of the pancakes actually were, since I’m not the best at pancake art. But it was a lot of fun. And I’ll keep practicing. Here’s the yummy Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes recipe:
|Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes|| |
- 2 cups Krusteaz Blueberry Pancake Mix
- 1⅓ cups water
- 1 (12 oz.) container whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberry pie filling
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the blueberry pancake mix and water until combined. Portion the batter evenly onto the griddle and cook 1-2 minutes until bubbly. Gently flip and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and repeat with remaining pancakes.
- While the pancakes cool, prepare the cheesecake filling. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Spread about two Tablespoons on top on one pancake; stack with another pancake and repeat the process one more time for a total of three stacked pancakes. Top the cheesecake layer with blueberry pie filling.
Thanks to Krusteaz, one Saving Cent by Cent reader will win a Krusteaz Breakfast Night Prize Pack that includes the following:
- Two boxes each of Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake, Belgian Waffle, Honey Wheat Pancake and Chocolate Chunk Muffin
- Pancake Griddle Pan
- Pancake Spatula
- Squeeze Bottle for Pancake Art
- and an Apron
To enter the giveaway, use the Rafflecopter form below.
Krusteaz sent me a breakfast night prize pack and gift card in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own. Krusteaz will provide and ship the prize pack to the winner of this giveaway.