In the last two weeks, I’ve made these Garlic & Parmesan Breadsticks three times. They just tasted so good! I love eating fresh homemade bread out of the oven, and I love that these are so easy to make. Thanks to a friend for sharing this recipe with me. Here’s how to make them:
|Delicious & Easy Garlic & Parmesan Breadsticks|| || |
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese (or grated works too)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon parsley flakes
- In a small bowl, pour in the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast on top and then 1 teaspoon of sugar. Set aside to rise for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Slowly incorporate the yeast and mix until combined. Knead the dough in the mixer for 3 minutes.
- Set the dough aside and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. During this time, prepare the topping.
- To make the topping, in a small bowl combine the butter, parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic salt and parsley flakes. Blend together. Set aside.
- Grease a 13x17 cookie sheet. Place dough in center, then using your hands press the dough from the center out to the edges. Spread the topping over the dough.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into the length of breadsticks. I usually make 10 cuts vertically and 4 cuts horizontally.
- Cover the dough with a cloth or plastic wrap and allow to rise to double it's size, which takes about an hour. Note: I turn on my oven for a few minutes to warm up, then place the pan on top of my stove where it's warm.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Got this recipe from my daughter. It is soooo good!
Lisa Park says
I’m so glad you liked it! Thanks for sharing.