I love making desserts around the holidays, and I especially love when they are easy to make like these Christmas Cookie Bars. I’ll be making this for my upcoming family holiday party. Here’s how to make them:
|Christmas Cookie Bars|| |
- ¾ cup shortening or butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (11.5 oz.) chocolate chips
- 1 cup holiday M&M's
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shortening, sugar and brown sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the creamy mixture. Mix well until dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish and cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.