If you love pumpkin pie, then you’ll love this Pumpkin Pie Sheet Cake. Plus, it’s a perfect dish to take with you to a holiday dinner or party because it makes a large pan and will feed a lot of people.
My oldest daughter loved this dessert and asked a few times a day if she could eat more until it was gone. Here’s how to make it:
|Pumpkin Pie Sheet Cake|| |
- 1 box (16.5 oz) yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (29 oz) pure pumpkin
- 2 cans (12 oz) evaporated milk
- To make the crust, pour the cake mix into a large mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Stir for about 30 seconds. Add in the egg and mix until combined.
- Press the crust onto a greased 13x18 baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and beat for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the sugar mixture and pure pumpkin and mix. Add in the evaporated milk and mix until combined.
- Pour the filling over the crust and carefully place it in the oven. (Note: So I wouldn't spill, I placed the pan with the crust on the rack in my oven then poured the filling on top. This way I didn't have to move it from the counter to the oven.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. To test if it's done, insert knife in the middle and if it comes out clean it's done.
- Cool, cut into squares and serve with whip cream.