I love making soups in the fall. This Chicken Corn Chowder is really tasty and yummy and one that I will make again soon for my family.
Be sure to also check out these 12 Favorite Soup Recipes.
Here’s how to make it:
|Chicken Corn Chowder|| |
- 1 cup butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- ½ cup green onions, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) corn
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice all of the vegetables. In a large stock pot, melt butter and add vegetables. Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the flour, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the cooked chicken and chicken broth and mix well. Then add the milk and corn. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Mix in heavy cream, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Garnish the soup with additional cheese and bacon.