Halloween will be here soon, and one of our inexpensive family activities that we do together is to make a treat and watch a kid-friendly Halloween movie. This Halloween Monster Munch is easy to make and you can mix almost any type of Halloween candy with it. And the edible candy eyes are a fun addition to the treat. Here’s how to make the Halloween Monster Munch:
|Halloween Monster Munch|| |
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ½ chocolate baking bar (2 oz.)
- ½ cup candy corn
- ½ cup M&M's candy corn
- ½ cup autumn-colored M&M's
- Edible candy eyes (from Walmart or Hobby Lobby)
- Pop the popcorn. This can be done on the stove by adding 3 Tablespoons canola, peanut or coconut oil and 3 popcorn kernels to a large pot. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until all 3 kernels pop. Remove the pot from the heat, add the rest of the popcorn kernels, cover, and wait 30 seconds. Place the pot back on the heat. Cook and shake the pot until the popping slows down. Set aside. After a few minutes, remove lid.
- Place waxed paper on a 13x9 baking sheet and layer popcorn to cover baking sheet.
- Melt baking bar in microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave another 30 seconds and stir again. Continue heating for 10 seconds and stirring until completely melted.
- Pour melted bar into a piping or ziploc bag. Snip the tip off the bag and drizzle onto popcorn.
- Add the candy on top of the popcorn. Drizzle more of the melted bar on top.
- Allow to cool, then break into pieces.