Over the next month, I’ll be sharing with you 10 apps that will save you money on your groceries.
For those of you with a smart phone, if you haven’t already downloaded the Ibotta app, then you need to. Ibotta is a smartphone app where you can earn money by purchasing participating products. Ibotta’s product offers range from food and beverages to cleaning products, personal care and more. Here’s how it works:
- Register for an account, then download the Ibotta app to your phone. (I’d appreciate if you sign up using my referral link to help support Saving Cent by Cent.)
- Before you head to the grocery store, click on the Grocery tab, then click on which store you are going to shop at. Unlock Ibotta’s cash back rewards on products by clicking on the product then completing simple tasks such as a survey question or watching a short video. Just click on the circle with the money amount to complete the task. The amount of cash back from each product ranges anywhere between $0.25 to $1.00 or more.
- Head to a store on Ibotta’s list such as Walmart, Smith’s, Walgreens, Target and more to purchase the products you’ve unlocked.
- Verify your purchases by scanning the product barcodes, then finish by scanning the barcode on your receipt.
- Within 48 hours, you’ll have the cash deposited into your Ibotta account, and you can cash out via Paypal or an eGift Card once your account reaches $10.
In addition, Ibotta has a Teamwork Bonus, which is a monthly bonus where you and your friends work together to earn more money. Your team will consist of your friends on Ibotta who have connected their Facebook accounts to the app. And the more friends you have on your team, the faster you will earn. Each month, your team will be given a total earnings goal. Once you redeem one rebate and your team reaches the monthly goal, everyone on your team will earn a cash bonus. Join my team here.
By using Ibotta, I’ve received cash back on purchases at the grocery store such as any brand of milk, eggs, bread, produce, cleaning products & more. And it’s nice to earn money on items I am already planning to buy. Plus, you can use coupons at the store in addition to Ibotta’s cash back rewards. Ibotta started out by focusing on groceries, but it now has expanded to retail, restaurants, electronics, home and office, and more.
10 Grocery Apps that Will Save You Money
Other articles you might like to read:
What is Ibotta and How It Will Save You Money
What is Checkout51 and How It Will Save you Money
What is Snap by Groupon and How It Will Save You Money
What is Favado and How It Will Save You Money
What is SavingStar and How It Will Save You Money
What is Shopmium and How It Will Save You Money
What is Shopkick and How It Will Save You Money
What is BerryCart and How It Will Save You Money
Emily Syphus says
I can’t figure our how to get us on the same team. We are already Facebook friends, and I have a team that just automatically populated . . .
Lisa Park says
It’s showing you are on my team. 🙂 It read up on it and Ibotta says, “Your team, which can be found under the Teamwork tab, consists of all of your Facebook friends that have an Ibotta account and have linked their Facebook with their account.” So I’m not sure why you aren’t seeing me on your team.