Lately, I’ve been throwing together a lot of crock pot meals. I love it because it’s nice not to worry about what’s for dinner. I already know that it’s cooking and will be ready when my husband comes home from work. These Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas were easy to throw in the crock pot and they tasted good.
You can also prep the ingredients beforehand and turn it into a freezer meal that is easy to take out of the freezer and throw into the crock pot. Here’s the recipe:
|Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas|| |
- 4-5 chicken breasts, thawed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, and orange), take out seeds and slice into strips
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Toppings: cheese, sour cream, avocados and salsa
- To Make this Freezer Meal: Place the sliced up onions and bell peppers in a medium freezer ziploc bag and seal. Place the uncooked chicken in a gallon freezer bag and sprinkle the taco seasoning on the chicken. Take the medium bag with the onions and bell peppers and put it inside the gallon bag with the chicken. Seal, label and freeze. Follow instructions below when ready to cook.
- To Make for the Crock Pot: Slice up the onion and bell peppers and place them in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Lay the chicken on top of the onion and peppers. Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Slice the cooked chicken into strips and mix it back in with the onions and bell peppers.
- Serve on top of corn or flour tortillas with cheese, sour cream, avocados, and salsa.