I love breakfast, and I especially love breakfast for dinner. That’s just what we did this week. My girls enjoyed helping me make this Farmer’s Breakfast Casserole for dinner, and they enjoyed eating it up too. I love simple recipes that taste good and take only minutes to throw together. Plus, this is a dinner you can freeze and cook later.
|Farmer's Breakfast Casserole|| |
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ham, fully cooked and diced
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Use cooking spray to grease a 9x13 baking dish. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish. Layer cheese, ham, and green onions on top.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, pepper, and salt. Pour mixture over potatoes.
- At this point, freeze it for later. Or bake it uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- If you freeze the casserole, once you are ready to bake it, thaw it in the fridge for a few days then bake it at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. If you don't have time to thaw the casserole, then bake the frozen casserole at 350 degrees for 2 hours.