This year, I hosted my family Thanksgiving at my house and cooked the turkey, as well as made these Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes and Homemade Bread Stuffing. If you are planning on cooking a turkey for Christmas this year, then use your leftover turkey to make this homemade stock. Or save this recipe for next year’s Thanksgiving.
|How to Make Homemade Stock With Leftover Turkey|| || |
- Leftover turkey or chicken carcass
- 1 medium onion
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut
- 4 celery stalks, cut in half
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- Place the leftover turkey or chicken carcass, including bones and skin, into a large stock pot. Fill the pot with enough cold water to cover the bones, plus a few inches. Add the vegetables and seasonings.
- Cover the pot with a lid and place the pot on the stove over high heat. Bring the pot to a full boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the stock for 2-3 hours. Occasionally skim the foam on the surface.
- Remove the bones, then strain the stock into another pot using a strainer.
- Store the stock in a container or glass jar for 2-3 days, or freeze in ziploc bags for 3-6 months.
You might also like these recipes:
Pumpkin Pie, Pie Crust, and Whipping Cream
Sweet Apple Yams
Acini De Pepe Salad
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake
Pumpkin Streusel Cake
Love these recipes! All very informative, thank you very much!
Lisa Park says
I’m so glad you like them!