I needed a dinner yesterday that was quick and easy to make, so I decided to make these Chinese Tacos. Even though the name of the recipe doesn’t have an actual taco in it that most people think about when making tacos, it’s a recipe that was given me from my mother, and the name came with the recipe.
Since I don’t always have Chinese chow mein noodles on hand, I use rice most of the time instead. This recipe makes more than what our family of five eats in two days, so I usually cut the recipe in half.
Pro Tip: Keep cooked ground beef in the freezer that you can easily pull out and thaw for this meal. It will save you time and the dinner will be ready sooner.
|Chinese Tacos|| |
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey, browned
- 1 package taco seasoning or sloppy joe mix
- 3 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 3 (8 oz.) cans water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- garlic salt
- soy sauce to taste
- Chinese noodles or rice
- In a medium pan, brown meat. Stir in taco seasoning, tomato sauce, water, and brown sugar. Sprinkle in garlic salt and soy sauce to taste.
- Serve sauce over Chinese noodles or rice. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, olives, and soy sauce.