I like to try new recipes, so I made this Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe. That evening, my mother-in-law dropped by so we had her stay for dinner. I’m always a little worried about having a new dish when a guest is over because I don’t always know if it will taste good or not. Luckily, this Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe was a success and everyone had second helpings! This is definitely an easy and yummy dish that I’ll be making again for our family.
|Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings|| |
- 3-4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 (10.5 oz.) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuit dough OR make your own biscuit dough using the recipe below
- ½ bag (8 oz.) bag frozen peas and carrots vegetables, thawed
- Place the chicken in the crock pot. Sprinkle the poultry seasoning, salt, pepper & paprika on top.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, butter, onion, and chicken broth to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Uncover and shred the chicken, then mix it into the soup.
- Roll out the refrigerated biscuit dough and cut into small squares. Place the dough squares on top of the soup mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until dough is cooked through.
- Add sifted flour if needed to thicken soup.
- Serve with peas and carrots.
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2/3 cups milk
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients until it is like course crumbs. Add milk all at once, and stir quickly with a fork. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut out biscuits (I use a cup or peanut butter lid so the biscuits look nice and round). Bake on greased baking sheet at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Leave a Reply