I love salads that are simple to make, and something that the kids love! This Acini Di Pepe Salad is a family tradition to make around the holidays. We actually call it “Frog-Eye Salad” because of the round pasta. I was going to post this recipe sooner, but I had so many great recipes I’ve wanted to share with you over the past month. I hope you enjoy trying out this recipe!
|Acini Di Pepe Salad|| |
Recipe type: Side Dish
Author: Lisa Park
This Acini Di Pepe Salad is an easy side dish to make for a summer or holiday get together.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1¾ cup pineapple juice
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups Acini Di Pepe pasta
- 2 (8 oz.) containers of cool whip
- 2 (11 oz.) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 1 small can chunk pineapple
- 2 cups marshmallows
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, pineapple juice, eggs, flour and salt. Heat and cook until it thickens. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Cook the Acini Di Pepe in a pot of water with some salt according to the package directions. Drain the water.
- Combine the Acini Di Pepe and the sauce in a large serving bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, mix in the cool whip, Mandarin oranges, crushed and chunk pineapple, and marshmallows.
Courtney Conover says
My name is Courtney, and I’m stopping in by way of the Bloggy Moms Facebook hop. I just “liked” your FB page, too, Since money doesn’t grow on trees (but, man, I sure wish it would!), your blog name immediately caught my attention. I blog at The Brown Girl with Long Hair (http://www.thebrowngirlwithlonghair.com/), which is a lifestyle blog — I dabble in everything from kids, motherhood, organization, shopping, fashion, and being an NFL football wife. Would love for you to stop by when you can! Have an awesome weekend.
Lisa Park says
Thanks for visiting my site! I’m looking forward to reading more on your blog. I’m following you back now!