I love salads that are simple to make, and something that the kids love! This Acini Di Pepe Salad is a family tradition to make around the holidays. We actually call it “Frog-Eye Salad” because of the round pasta. I was going to post this recipe sooner, but I had so many great recipes I’ve wanted to share with you over the past month. I hope you enjoy trying out this recipe!
|Acini Di Pepe Salad|| |
- 1 cup sugar
- 1¾ cup pineapple juice
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups Acini Di Pepe pasta
- 2 (8 oz.) containers of cool whip
- 2 (11 oz.) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 1 small can chunk pineapple
- 2 cups marshmallows
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, pineapple juice, eggs, flour and salt. Heat and cook until it thickens. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Cook the Acini Di Pepe in a pot of water with some salt according to the package directions. Drain the water.
- Combine the Acini Di Pepe and the sauce in a large serving bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, mix in the cool whip, Mandarin oranges, crushed and chunk pineapple, and marshmallows.