I’ve begun looking for new recipes to use up the Thanksgiving turkey I have in the freezer. I tried this 3-Bean Turkey Chili recipe and really liked it, so I thought I’d share it with you. Try out the recipe if you need to use up your Thanksgiving turkey leftovers or save it for the next time you make a turkey dinner. And this recipe goes great with these Biscuits Supreme and Perfect Corn Bread. You might also like to try making Turkey Pot Pie with your leftovers.
|3-Bean Turkey Chili|| |
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (16 oz.) chunky salsa
- ½ cup turkey gravy (optional)
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 (15 oz.) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- tortilla chips
- In a medium pot, heat the oil. Add onions, celery, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until onions are clear.
- Add in the remainder of the ingredients (except the tortilla chips) and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and toppings of your choice.
This recipe came from The Kitchen Diva in the November 28, 2013 Tooele Transcript.