I made these Sweet Apple Yams for Thanksgiving and thought I would share the recipe with you. Sometimes we have these yams for Christmas too. They taste really good and are a part of our holiday tradition!
|Sweet Apple Yams|| |
- 4 yams, cooked, peeled, and sliced (see instructions below)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- Wrap the yams in tin foil and bake them on a baking sheet for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Allow to cool. Skin and slice them. (You can do this step the day before.)
- In a sauce pan, add the butter, brown sugar, apple juice, and cinnamon. Cook until bubbly.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and cold water. Add it to the butter and apple juice mixture. Cook for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Peel, core and slice the apple.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, layer the yams and apples. Pour the mixture over the top. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees until bubbly.