One of our family traditions after we carve pumpkins is to cook the pumpkin seeds. I’ll take a few minutes and sort through the insides of the pumpkins to pick out seeds and bake them. My husband really enjoys munching on the Toasted Pumpkin Seeds at work. If you haven’t tried it before, it’s a simple and yummy snack to make.
|Toasted Pumpkin Seeds|| |
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1½ Tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Rinse the pumpkin seeds and pat dry.
- Place the seeds in a bowl and mix in the butter.
- Spread out in a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the salt over the seeds.
- Bake for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp.