This chicken alfredo recipe is one of those easy chicken recipes that doesn’t take too much time to throw in the oven, especially if you already have your chicken precooked.
|Alfredo Chicken Bake Recipe|| |
- 1 (16 oz.) box Penne pasta noodles
- 2 (10 oz.) containers Alfredo sauce OR make your own Alfredo sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 oz.) container cottage cheese OR Ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken, diced and cooked
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a pan, cook the diced chicken.
- In a large pot, cook Penne pasta according to the package directions. Drain water, then return pasta to pot.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the mozzarella cheese, to the pasta. Stir it together, then pour mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe
This recipe makes 2 cups sauce.
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups half and half (I use whole milk sometimes if I don’t have half and half)
In a sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour and heat until bubbly. Add the salt and pepper, and sprinkle in onion salt and garlic salt. Stir in half and half, stirring constantly with whisk until sauce slightly thickens. Use the sauce for the Chicken Alfredo Bake or serve over spaghetti or noodles.