One of the ways I use up the zucchini from our garden is to make zucchini bread. My family loves this recipe that a friend of mine gave me. Here is how to make the Zucchini Bread:
|Zucchini Bread|| || |
Serves: Makes 2 Loaves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine sugar, oil, and eggs, and beat together. Mix in the grated zucchini and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and beat well.
- Grease 2 bread pans with shortening and lightly flour them. Divide the zucchini batter evenly between the two pans.
- Place them in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center to check if they are done.
- Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the zucchini bread from the pans and place on cooling rack.
I work in a senior center and we were given some Zucchini by a man with a garden. I searched the internet and this is the recipe I chose. It was a huge hit. Thank you for the recipe.
Lisa @ Saving Cent by Cent says
I’m so glad it was a huge hit with everyone! My family loves this recipe too and want to make it all the time.
Kandace Allen says
Have you made this recipe with bananas instead of zucchini? If so, how did it work out?
Lisa Park says
I haven’t made it with bananas, so I don’t know how it would turn out if you substituted bananas instead of zucchini. Lately, I’ve been using this banana bread recipe, and it’s really good. https://funcheaporfree.com/grandmas-famous-banana-bread-recipe/