These Treasure Cookies are a different twist to the chocolate chip cookies you might make at home. I thought they were quite tasty!
|Treasure Cookies|| |
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs (approx. 1 pkg. of 9 graham crackers)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup flour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 package chocolate chip cookies, 11.5 oz.
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Place graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush into crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, flour, and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the sweetened condensed milk and butter. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then add in the coconut, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Form the dough into balls about 1 to 1½ inches in diameter, and place onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes until just barely brown on top. (I don't bake them longer, because I like chewy cookies.)