I made these Congo Bars to take to a family party, and they are oh so good! I just love how the chocolate chips are yummy and gooey. This is definitely a recipe you’ll want to have on hand to take to a friends or family get together or just to make for the kids.
|Congo Bars|| |
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2½ cups flour
- 2¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 bag chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter. Add in the eggs and stir until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Stir in the bag of chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 pan with shortening, then dust it with flour. Press dough into the pan using a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 325 degrees. Test the center with a toothpick. The dough should still be soft in the center. Allow the bars to cool before serving.
This recipe was adapted from I Heart Nap Time.
Ohh these bars look so gooey and delicious! Butter, brown sugar and chocolate chips always make the best desserts! 😉
Lisa Park says
I agree that those ingredients make the best desserts. My family really loved these! And I think your family will too. Thanks for your comment.