I made this Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad for my family the other day, and I really loved it. I think the simple dressing makes it taste delicious.
Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad
For the salad:
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can sweet yellow corn (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 head ice berg lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together, excluding the tortilla chips.
- In a small bowl stir all dressing ingredients together.
- Pour about half of the dressing over salad.
- Toss to combine, then gradually add more dressing until it is dressed to your liking.
- Top with tortilla chips.
This recipe came from Greens & Chocolate.