This week’s Valentine’s Day Activities and Ideas post focuses on fun activities for children or for the whole family. And if you missed last week’s Valentine’s Day Activities & Ideas (Part 1), make sure to check it out because it focuses on ways to show your spouse you love him or her.
Secret Messages – Use white paper to cut out hearts, then write love notes on them with a white crayon and hide them around the house. Place a box of watercolors at the table, and brush paint over the hearts to reveal the secret messages.
Valentine’s “Heart Attack” – Give your loved ones a “heart attack” on Valentine’s Day by cutting out valentines, writing sayings on them, and then taping them around the house.
Heart Tissue Paper Craft – Twist and turn a little tissue paper to make this valentine 3D. Here is a list of what you’ll need:
- Pink and white tissue paper, cut into 1” squares
- White craft glue
- Piece of card stock or construction paper
- Pencil with an eraser
- Cut out a heart shape from the construction paper or card stock.
- Put white craft glue into the center of the heart, shaped like a heart.
- Using the eraser end of a pencil, place the eraser into the center of a white tissue paper square. Twist the tissue paper square around the eraser and dot it onto the glue. Continue this process until entire middle of the heart is covered with white tissue paper. See photo.
- Repeat the process from step #3 with pink tissue paper for the border of the heart.
- Use a ribbon or string to hang it up.
Valentine’s Playdough – Have fun with your children making and playing with Valentine’s playdough. Here is what you’ll need:
2 C flour
1 C salt
2 C water
4 tsp cream of tartar
2 TB vegetable oil
red food coloring
red and silver glitter
heart sequins (optional, can be purchased at a craft shop)
Pour first five ingredients into a large saucepan and stir together. Add drops of red food coloring and stir, then stir in glitter and heart sequins. Move the mixture to the stove top and cook on medium heat stirring constantly. At first, the playdough mixture will look like very thick pancake batter. Continue to stir until a ball forms. Remove from heat and cool on a counter top. The playdough will be very HOT! Once warm or cool to the touch your playdough is ready. Use rolling pins and heart cookie cutters and have fun!
Valentine Heart Pop Up Cards – Make these fun Valentine’s Day heart pop up cards with your kids.
Valentine Heart Wreath – Make this simple, yet beautiful heart wreath with you children. They could share them with someone you love or hang them up around the house.
What other fun activities for kids for Valentine’s Day have you done with your children?