This Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas recipe is delicious, and one of my family’s favorite enchilada recipe. My kids always ask for seconds. This recipe is also a nice variation from this Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe.
|Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas|| |
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large breasts), cooked and shredded
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- 2-3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 large cloves of garlic, ﬁnely minced, or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (14 oz) of green enchilada sauce
- ½ to ¾ cup of heavy cream
- chopped cilantro to garnish
- Place the cooked and shredded chicken in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, chili powder and minced garlic or garlic powder and whisk together. Pour the mixture over the chicken and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to marinate 30 minutes or up to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl combine the enchilada sauce and the heavy cream. Spread about a ½ cup of the mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish that is lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave.
- On each tortilla, add a large spoonful (about 2 tablespoons) of the chicken mixture and sprinkle a tablespoon of cheese on top of the chicken. Roll the tortilla up, and place it seam side down in the baking dish.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, chicken and cheese.
- Add any remaining marinade mixture to the enchilada sauce and cream mixture. Evenly pour this mixture over the top of all the enchiladas. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the enchiladas at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish the top with chopped cilantro if desired. Serve with sour cream, black beans or rice.