We rarely purchase pizza from the store anymore because we love the taste of this homemade pizza recipe much better and also because store-bought pizzas are expensive and not as healthy. This pizza dough recipe came from my wonderful mother, who is an amazing cook.
Perfect Pizza Dough
1 package fresh yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon honey
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup cool water
3 cups flour (I use bread flour)
1. Dissovle yeast in 1/4 cup warm water with 1 teaspoon sugar on top. Let proof 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine cool water, salt, honey, and olive oil.
3. Place flour in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center. Slowly pour honey-water mixture and yeast into well and mix.
4.When dough is formed, transfer to a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth.
5. Divide dough in half. Roll into two smooth, tight balls. Place on a flat dish, cover with a towel, and let rest for 30 minutes.
6. Lightly flour work surface. Flatten each ball of dough into a circle, making the outer edge thicker than the center. Turn dough over and repeat. Lift the dough and gently stretch the edges. Place on a large pizza pan.
7. Top pizzas with any of the following ingredients: tomato sauce, basil, garlic salt, oregano, mozzarella and other cheeses, skinned tomatoes, olives, thinly sliced onions, mushrooms, green peppers, pineapple, pepperoni, cooked sausage, Canadian bacon, raw shrimp, ham, etc.
8. Bake pizzas at 400 degrees on bottom rack for 12-15 minutes.